My Self Care Routine - Tips to Be the Very Best You
Hey guys! So, If you read my last post you know that I will be starting a new job soon. *Monday to be exact*. I currently feel so at peace and excited for this new position, but these last couple of weeks have been pretty intense for me to say the least. I'm in the Campus Recruiting field so of course our most busy time of the year is when school starts. Yippie! lol. *I said that very sarcastically by the way*, but yea your girl was skressed and most days I would come in the office extra early and leave extra late. I also was running to my car to do phone interviews on my lunch break, or creeping out of the office early for in-person interviews. Sooo...I was busy busy and not taking care of myself mentally or physically. In other words...I was a nervous wreck lol. These last couple of weekends I've taken some time for self-care, and I have definitely seen the benefits. I feel better happier and more at ease.
We always hear the word "self-care", but what exactly is it? Self-care consists of the actions one takes to ensure a healthy mind, body, soul, and spirit. When we think of health we may just think of exercising and eating healthy, but to me self-care encompasses soul and spirit as well. We have to make sure we are well all-around. When you're not well you know, and you tend to feel unbalanced. You may be constantly irritated and going off on people. We've all been there. Below I share some of the things I did my last couple of self-care days that left me feeling like the very best ME.
Weekend 1 (Saturday)
- Spent the morning cleaning up
- Lit candles in my room and kitchen/living room
- Turned off my phone for at least a good 2-3 hours (honestly, sometimes I feel my best when disconnected from all the social media etc., It's easy for me to get overwhelmed by my phone so this was so helpful for me to cut it off for a few hours.)
- Looked at my goals for the remainder of the year, and added a few others (see - How I Accomplished My Biggest Goal for the Month of August)
- Crossed off a few more things on my to-do list (completed paperwork to send to my doctor's office)
- Turned on spa music while reading & writing (don't judge me lol, this is super relaxing! There's a spa radio station on Pandora that I love.)
Weekend 2 (Saturday)
- Called family members to catch up
- Went to the movies
- Cooked a nice nutritious meal
- Meditated & Prayed
- Laid out by the pool - with no phone
- Did my nails (see- Growing Your Nails Long & Strong - My Nail Care Routine)
When I tell you by Sunday I was like yassss and feeling like a new me I so mean it. I was so glad I took some time for self-care, and want to make sure to continue to block out chunks of time each week for this. Some other self-care tips include to exercise regularly (I need to do more of this), just being outside in general is a great way to get Vitamin D, and being around family and friends that care about you. These things will have you feeling your very best and you will thank yourself later. Hope you find these tips helpful!
Anyone have a self-care routine they'd like to share? I'd love to hear below!